About Exfoliation Treatment
Ever notice how a juicy red apple looks shiny, lustrous and enticing, while a fuzzy skin makes peaches look dull? The secret behind Dermaplaning skin resurfacing is using an extremely fine, surgical-grade blade to gently exfoliate the epidermis, removing fine vellus hair (“peach fuzz”) and dead skin cells to reveal a smooth, vibrant, red carpet ready complexion. Dermaplaning is a quick procedure that allows our skilled and experienced med spa staff to delicately abrade the skin’s surface, showing off your skin’s inner beauty.
Dermaplaning is perfect for:
- Deep exfoliation without harsh abrasives or peeling agents, making it perfect for pregnant women or those who prefer a non-chemical skin resurfacing technique
- Men and women with peach fuzz that creates a dull look due to buildup of dirt and oil
- Creating a smooth surface so anti-aging beauty products can penetrate more deeply and be more effective
- Preparing the skin for laser treatments and Chemical Peels
- Enhances the effects of your upcoming Facial Treatment or Resurfacing Infusion
Is Dermaplaning Right For You?
- Do acne scars cause you embarrassment, leaving you looking for a harmless and
- Do you notice a dehydrated, aged complexion looking back at you when you look in the mirror?
- Does a buildup of dead skin cells make imperfections and fine lines look more pronounced than they actually are?
- Are you looking for a way to gently and effectively remove the top layer of your skin to reveal the smooth, undamaged face beneath?
Dermaplaning Fast Facts
- Dermaplaning is a perfect skin resurfacing technique for patients with especially uneven or dry skin, hyperpigmentation problems such as sun spots, mild acne scars or fine facial lines and wrinkles.
- You may have heard an “old wives’ tale” about vellus hair removed during Dermaplaning growing back heavier and darker, but don’t believe the myth! Any hair removed will grow back at the same rate and with the same texture as it had previously.
- It’s important to be especially conscientious about sun exposure after your Dermaplaning session to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Dermaplaning can be performed as often as every two weeks, but you will likely only require repeat treatments when you begin to see the regrowth of vellus hair (generally after about one month).
Does Dermaplaning Hurt?
Dermaplaning is a quick and easy procedure resulting in almost no discomfort or down time. No recovery period is required, and your skin expert will apply a deeply hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen after your treatment in order to protect the skin so you can go about your day. It’s important to follow any special post-treatment instructions we provide in order to maximize your comfort and help you get the most from your Dermaplaning treatment.